Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Let's Travel On to Bville


As I sat in Jennifer's sun-room this morning with this gorgeous view, I sure hated to start traveling again. It was beautiful outside, and I was enjoying talking with a best friend. Of course, I knew that farther down the road someone else was waiting to see me...my mom.

Not being too far from CAE I was able to arrive in Bville around lunchtime so I called mom for a "lunch order" from her. Got us some Mickey D's.

She was just as excited to see me as I was to see her. After eating our meal we unloaded my car & I got settled into my room. After some catching up with family news, we drove back into town so I could grocery shop for my items during my visit. With that task behind me, I settled down to relax & talk a little more with mom.

1.29.15.......

Ahhhhh.....a wonderful morning of sleeping in a bit! We have no schedule but plan to stay quite busy. We ate our breakfast and then decided to drive over to Rockingham where I like to shop at Ollie’s. Got some yarn to make an afghan, a few books to read (Even though I read on my NOOK, I still like to turn those pages.) & a few other neat items. 

Mom likes Walmart chicken so we drove just down the road to Walmart  decided to eat our lunch in the car. Dad & mom loved to go to L'burg WM & eat their chicken in the car & watch the people in the parking lot...their date night.

So I go in & get our lunch at the WM Deli, then scoot over the Mickey D's (inside WM) to purchase some drinks for us. With drinks in hand after I paid for them, I left the WM store & walked to the car. We were eating & watching the people when mother said, "Now Mel, I want to play for lunch.” My brain slowly paused processing her comment, my head turned toward her and I said, “Mom…I didn't pay for the food.” YES…I ordered our food from WM Deli, walked over to purchase drinks, and then walked straight out of Walmart WITHOUT PAYING FOR THE FOOD!!!!! Embarrassed.

We continued to eat our lunch and when finished, I stuck the price tags on my right hand, walked into WM, went to the self-checkout, & purchased our food. Had to click on the prompt “I don’t want to bag this item.” I still can’t believe I actually did this. Just a little “whacked”.

Our afternoon was just one of relaxation...at least for me it was.

Tonight I spent some time over at Susan & David’s checking email and FB as well as visiting with them. 

No comments: