Friday, January 4, 2019


That's what I said on January 1, 2018. I had declared to nourish my mind and soul through two personal goals.

Late in the year 2017 my pastor shared with us that he would be studying and sharing with us from the CSB beginning in 2018. So I purchased a CSB and set my first goal for 2018...to study the Bible through the daily devotional reading plan outlined in the CSB.

The plan in the CSB involved daily reading scripture from four books of the Bible. First, I purchased a large Mead notebook and some good writing pens. I also had a bunch of different kinds of colored markers. Now I love to doodle so my plan was to decorate each daily page with artwork/drawings, have a spot for prayers & gratitude and journal facts from the read scriptures.


My second goal for 2018 was to use a journal book that F2 had given me and record my answers to a list of monthly questions about life.


Accomplishing these two goals this past year was such a blessing. First, I was in God's Word...almost daily. (Yes, I did get behind a day or two. ☹️) Second, I was naming my prayers & gratitude. (Gratitude brings about joy. 😀) Lastly, I was revisiting a lot of memories through the questions.

I am still so amazed at how God can enrich my life...a sinner like me. Oh, how I love Jesus!