Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother.....

What could be better than a scheduled flight to your hometown especially on a “Mother’s Day” weekend? I couldn’t think of anything better so I booked a flight for last Thursday evening. Whoo---hoo!!!...I was so excited. (My husband and son were leaving Wednesday evening for the Players Championship, and I really didn’t want to stay here by myself.)

Traveling to MGM is never that bad and really a pleasant ride. With my windows rolled down and sunroof open, my XM Radio blaring, and my unusual voice singing along with the songs, I always have a blast and am in MGM before I know it. NOT THIS TIME ~~~ rain had poured so much in the town that some roads and even parking lots were covered with water and slowing traffic to a crawl. I’m so glad that Papa called and warned me about the weather and encouraged me to leave earlier.

Airports are so crazy to me. Loud speakers…new rules since last flight…changing gates…unique people (yes, I’m a people watcher)…almost undress for security reasons!!! BUT I love the chaos except when it makes me late. I was scheduled to leave ATL at 8PM Thursday evening. The only problem was I arrived in ATL at 7:45 PM (20 minute delay in MGM ~ 15-20 minute delay on ATL runway). Thank goodness that my gate was in the same concourse and only 4 gates over.


Deplaning at 7:55 PM and running to my gate………I saw the sign that I didn’t want to see “STATUS: Closed” No-o-o-o-o-o…it can’t be!!! I quickly and silently made my presence known as I stood very close to the gate counter where a very nice lady asked if she could help. “I just landed. Is it really closed?” She responded in a very confident and authoritative voice ~~~ “It’s not closed until I close the door. What’s your name?” Oh my sweet and wonderful angel! She rekeyed the info and let me on that last plane to FLO. My mom loves you!!! Home… home… home… whoo-hoo!!! My parents met me in FLO, we headed home, and our blast of a weekend began.

To sum up the weekend for me with my mom, I write these words from a card I sent her a few days ago ~~~~~ "When we get together we…Talk like we’ll never run out of time…Laugh like we’ve had too much to drink…Eat like we’ve never counted calories…Wonder why we don’t get together more often. These are some of my favorite times." I really had a great time. A most treasured moment from this weekend was my being able to share in an emotional time with my mother on Saturday when her sister passed away as we stood around her bed. Being so far away I miss many emotional times with my mother, happy and sad times.

My mother is one of the most important people in my life and in whom I have a lot of confidence. She is my rock of support and encouragement and truly loves me unconditionally. My Mother’s Day was awesome…I was with my mother.

1 comment:

Levz said...

Your Mom is beautiful!