Thursday, February 2, 2012

Birthday/Travel/Visit...and Salmon...Dad would be proud

I surprised my mom Friday, January 27th on her birthday by showing up on her back steps mid-afternoon. She was so surprised. Susan and she had been to her doctor and running errands. Susan knew I was on my way and kept in touch with me during the day. I love surprises.

On Thursday, the three of us met for the TMBC-Keenagers and ate lunch. Our prepared foods were steamed cabbage and fried salmon. Dad would have been so proud of Susan and her salmon cooking, Mom and her advice and my photo-taking. We were a cooperating "trio".


Our Salmon Experience

Friday morning the three of us again left the house and headed towards Charleston, SC. Mother had another doctor appointment. We stopped in Florence, SC to eat breakfast at Shoney's. Mom's neice, Nancy, lives in Charleston, and we missed seeing her this visit. After the appointment we left and drove to Bowman, SC to visit another neice of mom's, Patsy.

 

We enjoyed seeing and visiting with Patsy. A lot of memories shared.


Mom and Patsy

Patsy-Mom-Susan-Mel

Patsy

We traveled back home...stopping for a bite to eat at Starfire Grill in Florence. Tired and worn out, mom and I probably stayed up about 30 minutes before going to bed. Whew...tired!

Saturday was a lazy day. Susan and I went to Ollie's in Rockingham, NC. It is such a neat store jam packed with lots of goodies and good prices. I can't wait to go back again. My brother and his wife, Frank & Ann, came for a visit today. They brought pizza with them.


Mom and I went to church on Sunday at Shiloh. David, my brother-in-law, pastors. It was so good to see everyone. A small church with a big heart.My cousin Linda came for a short visit. It was good to see her again.

TAKI...TAKI...TAKI...one of my favorites places to eat. Mom and I headed to Laurinburg, NC Monday for lunch. Tammy, my neice, met us there. We had a nice time. Mom and I shopped at Goody's and Walmart before heading back home.

So much I want to do in such a short time. And on the other hand, mom and I just love to sit around and talk...or with this visit...she and I listened to an audio book as I knitted a scarf. Love my visits.

No comments: