Monday, December 31, 2012

For the past three years Glenn & I have spent some relaxing days at Panama City Beach, Florida after Christmas. Each year we have stayed at a different condo based on our VRBO search. From Sunrise to Sterling Breeze and this year Calypso, our picks have been super.
 
 
 

When we arrived, we lunched @ Five Guys before heading to the condo. We settled in at the condo and then went on our grocery shopping excursion to Publix. We always seem to get carried away a little as we shop because we just never know what might hit our "hunger points" during the evenings when we don't want to go out again. It was a "DiGiorno Supreme Night" tonight.
 
 
DAY 1:  GOSH...we slept late this morning...quite unusual for us! We decided to eat a late breakfast and go to the movies to see "Parental Guidance". I laughed & cried. After the movies we rode around some and then went back to the condo. Later in the afternoon we walked to Pier Park to find somewhere to eat. Sixty-cents boneless wings @ Buffalo Wild Wings was a hit for us...their Honey BBQ was so yummy! While we were there, we played trivia against each other (no clickers, just our voices to each other). I think Glenn won.
 
Walking back to the condo was so-o-o-o cold!!!
I'm so glad I decided to take a coat with me.
Just wish I had brought my gloves.
 
"Poesidon" (a remake of the 1972 movie) was on tv starring Kurt Russell. Now I like Kurt Russell movies, and "The Poesidon Adventure" was a good movie too. So the movie was on, our laptops were on (to keep up with the Downtown Dothan Hoops Classic), and we each had a couch....yep, totally relaxing tonight!
 
DAY 2: Again we took advantage and slept late...awwwwwwww...bliss!!! After getting up and eating a little breakfast, we decided to go see another movie after lunch. Today we saw "Lincoln"...another good movie.
 
An early dinner at Olive Garden, a quick trip to the waves for me, and tv movies for the evening. Just what we want to do.
 
DAY 3: Hahahahaha...sleeping late...again! After a quick breakfast, I took off to Dollar Tree for my annual "Birthday Cards Search.
 
Our first year @ PCB I decided to purchase ALL of my birthday cards for the year. Glenn went the first time with me and couldn't believe that I'd spend almost 1 1/2 hours looking at cards. Needless to say, he hasn't been back with me. I just can't walk in and purchase over 40 cards in...say 15 minutes. Could you? I look for the card with the exact words that I am looking for. To me, it is so much fun! Now my cards are signed, sealed & waiting to be delivered.
 

 
We took a short stroll on the beach late afternoon because it was so-o-o-o cold...winds blowing. We watched some surfers catch a few waves. We were wondering...with their wet suits & their being in the water almost all day long...did they ever get cold?


 
 
DAY 4: We were awaken this morning by band music coming from Pier Park to welcome the first...
 Half Marathon.
The run/walk also featured a 5K. It began @ 7AM. We just turned over in bed and resumed our sleeping.
 
Today the football games begin so the tube will be flipped back and forth during the day. My birthday cards are finished, and now I'm off to Office Deport to purhase my address sheets for the black book. I haven't changed these in over two years and they are getting a little messy with all the written inserts over time.
 
Another evening of relaxing. Got half of my address book done.
 
DAY 5: Last day of the year and our vacation. It has been such a wonderful time here @ PCB. We always love to get away by ourselves and do whatever we want to do. During this vacation after Christmas we love to just relax and not be on a schedule. We may just sleep a bit much or run from dawn to dusk. Just whatever!
 
Today was not as chilly on the beach.

 
 
 
Around mid-afternoon we walked over to Pier Park for an early dinner and then on to listen to some of the bands that were playing for their 5th Annual Beach Ball Drop party. Lots of people were there.
 
Beach  balls ready to drop for the children @ 8PM.

People gathered to catch the beach balls. 
 
Now I'm a "people watcher"! Enough said...I should be good until the end of 2013.
 
After watching the beach balls drop and people scrambling for a beach ball, it was midnight somewhere and a fireworks show for the children began off the pier across from Pier Park entrance. We watched this show as we walked back to the condo.
 
Back at the condo there were quite a number of people on the beach shooting their own fireworks. From our balcony we had several "mini-fireworks" shows. Some money was spent!
 
This year we had some of the best seats in the house...our balcony...for the midnight fireworks display. It was an awesome display. Enjoy...
 
 
and....................