Thursday, May 15, 2014

This past week's dinner menus just didn't go as I had planned.

After a Monday morning trip to the grocery store and a "dropped" pizza crust can (which opened up), my menu was planned for me...a homemade pizza.

On Tuesday with a late afternoon financial meeting I just didn't plan to cook so we went to Olive Garden.

Wednesdays are my choir nights so dinners are usually quick meals or leftovers.

Tonight I am preparing my Monday night menu. HA! So take a look at what I prepared for us...

As I made a honey-mustard-mayo sauce with dried onion flakes, I put on a pot of fresh green beans. The chicken was in the refrigerator for 30 mins wrapped in seasoned pepper-salt. I also began cooking some bacon strips, very crispy. With the bacon grease I cooked the chicken 4-5 mins on each side.

When the chicken had cooked, 
I placed the pieces 
into a baking dish side by side.

I brushed the chicken with the HMM sauce, 
sprinkled the crispy bacon on top and 
sprinkled Colby & Monterrey Jack cheeses on top. 

After baking for 20-30 mins, 
depending upon your oven, 
dinner was ready. 

I can never remember to take a picture before I eat. Yum! Yum!