Sunday, June 1, 2014

The last of the Goodwin Brothers was laid to rest yesterday in Anderson, SC. 

Working full-time along with distance has kept me away from family circumstances most of the time. Being retired has now opened some doors for me to have the opportunity to participate in family gatherings whether happy or sad. Still...the distance is a factor and will always remain the major obstacle

My niece & her family are so sweet and loving. They live in Athens, Georgia.

In the midst of their upcoming full schedule in June with their church & youth activities, Johnny's last working days at the church and their move to Atlanta with all the packing and such, they opened their home to me (and their Nana...my SIL) for an overnight stay so I could attend the funeral the following day. 

Just a short distance from Athens (an hour and 40 mins away) to Anderson, and I was among my family...The Goodwins. We gathered together to give our respect & show our love to another Goodwin...Uncle Jim...as we said our goodbyes.

What a sad yet joyous day for me! Uncle Jim is completely healed & now residing with our Heavenly Father. Celebrating his "Home Going" with his family and other Goodwin family was wonderful. Cousins I have not seen in a very long time. Family is important to The Goodwins. No matter how far we may be from each other, we know The Goodwin Love reaches out to each of us every day

Sharing some pics of the "little one" 
who is almost 1 year old.