Saturday, October 24, 2015

Two weeks as Alabama residents, and all is well. That's my sister & her hubs I'm speaking of.

Their new home is just a mere 10-12 minutes from ours...just far enough to keep us from "hovering" over each other. It's still all too crazy & weird knowing that she is right here...in my hometown...our hometown.

A lot of working on their part to get the home just right for them. Unpacking, arranging, rearranging, hanging, shifting, flooring (attic)...hey look, it's only 40+ years of accumulated STUFF. (Now I do believe she did some "purging & shifting (to children)" before moving, but she still had a LOT of stuff.)

They are having a wonderful time exploring "routes" & learning street names (Montgomery Hwy not 231N when talking...even though it is both but we Dothanites use the term Montgomery Hwy). Learn the language.

David has played several rounds of golf with Glenn, Garrett & Greg while Susan & I have been to the Little Miss National Peanut beauty pageant and junkin. Today she and I along with my best friend Sue will attend the Holiday of Hope event. We have lots of things on our list...should be fun!

They're visiting two churches right now enjoying Covenant United Methodist and their traditional service and then venturing over to my church for worship service. I sing in the choir, and it is still amazing to actually look out in the congregation and see them sitting in the pew. She knows my heart...and that is for her & David to worship ONLY where God would have them worship. So be it Covenant or Memphis or anywhere else they feel God is leading them, it's still nice to know that she's nearby. She even went with me to choir this week wanting to participate in our Christmas Music event.  

Last night the four of us went out to eat. Another treat of them living nearby. 

I know there will be more and more adventuresome outings in this journey with my sister and her hubs.