Friday, September 10, 2021

Sentimental as I am, I began to realize some years ago what a great blessing I would receive if I shared a treasure from my life to someone that I love. The increase of joy! 

On Christmas Day when I was 13 months old, one of my gifts from Dad & Mom was a rocking chair. This treasure has been with me for over 40 years. The original forest green cushions are still attached to the chair. The rocking chair is in great condition and 66 years old this Christmas 2021. 



Garrett loved “his” rocking chair, and my heart was full of this "joy" I speak of. He was such a “cheese” when he would sit and watch cartoons. I absolutely love this picture of him!


As I prayerfully consider who to gift, I am so grateful that God has always directed me to the individual or couple. His purpose is always explained to me in my heart, and I excitedly follow His plan. 

My treasure, the rocking chair, now has a new home. 
The proud owner of the rocking chair is 
my great-great niece...

Gracelynn Ruby Matthews.