Sunday, December 14, 2008

As I was decorating the house for the Christmas season, I couldn’t decide which decorations I would choose for this year. As a pack-rat I will confess to having quite a bit of Christmas decorations and what-nots (and even non-Christmas stuff) all placed in the attic. I decided to decorate simple this year because of time. Simple in that I’d only have the tree up, the wreaths hanging and a few decorations placed around the house.

I do have a few collections. There’s my Christmas Pencil Figures, Angels, Reindeers, Christmas Village and Bear Collection. I decided to place my bears around the house. Not just ordinary bears…my collection of bears began back in 1990 on Christmas Day when my brother surprised me with a stuffed Kmart Christmas Bear. I immediately loved it. He was a white bear with a green sweater vest and cap. He was so cute and huggable.

It’s amazing how collections begin and the stories behind each collection. I never dreamed I would be collecting bears; however, this has been one of the most fun collections. As Christmas rolls around I begin looking at the bears in the stores and wondering what mine will look like. Take a peek at my Christmas Bear 2008. Isn't she adorable? I love you Frank.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Melanie,
We wanted to thank you for the CHRISTmas gifts!!! The table is perfect for my laptop and I had not bought anything like that yet it was perfect!! Steve and the boys loved their gifts as well and we got a kick out of the tabs for Nick!! Mark got Ben a new vehicle, so the car care products are always good for him!! Thank you so much for finding the perfect gifts!! We missed you being here, but will look forward to next year!! We love you all dearly!!