Friday, November 28, 2008

Blessed and Thankful...


Ham, fresh sausage, collards, smashed taters, corn on cob, fruit salad, mac n' cheese, 7 layer salad, rice, peas, corn bread, rolls....apple nut cake, pecan pie, magic cookie bars... I'm stuffed again. My sister and I decorated two tables to accomodate the 16 expected family members while mom and dad finished the last minute preparations.

Let the holidays begin.............Thanksgiving Day was a very special time for us. We enjoyed good food, family, fellowship, laughter, and singing a little. Being together as a family has always meant so much to my dad. He was very thankful to see each of us and have us at home. Mom blessed our family and meal.

After the meal we spent time at the table just remembering special times. Our family has so much to be thankful for. I am especially thankful for the wonderful husband that I have. I am blessed tremendously to have both of my parents in good health. I am blessed to spend time with both my sister and brother and their families. A cousin was in town and joined us in our celebration. It was nice to spend some time with her.

I am truly blessed and thankful.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

You are so very right we are so blessed!! You are one of the very special members of our family and I am sorry we don't talk more. I loved seeing you at Thanksgiving and I always love talking to you and having a little bit of alone time. You are one of the few people that allow me to be me without any questions and you have always wanted what was best for me, so thanks for your support and for the talk we always have in Pa's bedroom! I treasure the MANY memories I have with my Aunt Mel!!

Love you lots!!