Sunday, June 28, 2009

Goodwin Family Annual Trip...

Yep...that's me on the left hand side struggling to keep the water out of my mouth. This was an exciting adventure that Glenn and I took with my sister and her husband (Susan/David) yesterday. We ended our vacation time with a white water rafting excursion.

My parents, sister, brother and I had talked about going on a trip as a family like this but never made the effort to do anything about our talk so we finally did something 3 years ago. We planned a trip to the Smoky Mountains...ONLY our parents and us siblings (no kids/grandkids allowed...cruel aren't we). Glenn found the neatest cabin with great views, and we have stayed there each year. We are so accustomed to this cabin that we haven't really considered any other place to stay. There's plenty of room even if someone needs S-P-A-C-E from everyone.

This was our third year the four of us with our parents (and brother for the first trip) have traveled to the Smoky Mountains to spend several days together. We all arrive on Wednesday very tired, hungry and eager to share news about each of our branch families. After hours of catching up with the news and sampling everyone's snacks, we find our rooms and "sack out".

From shopping to golfing (for the guys) we have a great time. Each year we try to do something different. This year was the rafting and it was awesome. I was so afraid I would loose a contact from all the water that I knew would be coming in on me. A few times I thought I'd lost one but so what...as long as I didn't lose myself to the water hole. Cathy...I kept my feet hunkered in under the guy in front of me. I did remember what you said.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Looks like fun! Glad you kept your feet planted and didn't get thrown out and you could still see to boot.

It's about time for us to get together for a nice swim and storytelling.