Saturday, January 21, 2012

OH...SO-O-O-O GOOD!!!

Ya'll remember that I have a hard time with cooking. In fact, I don't particularly care to cook. A number of reasons come to mind...takes too much time (and don't start on me about the fact that I'm retired), too much food with a recipe, hubby doesn't care for leftovers, picky eaters...just to name a few.

Anyway, I love to read blogs. Almost a year ago I came across Pioneer Woman and have been a fan ever since. I love viewing her website...her great pictures of food preparation as she explains how to cook a particular dish is a plus for me. Her blog and its pictures have encouraged me to "suck it up" and cook. So I'm trying new dishes with no worry of leftovers.

So look what the cook prepared last night.



Doesn't this meat look delicious?
This is Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork. 
I did not shred the meat as she suggested in the recipe
until the next day for lunch sandwiches.

Yummy, yummy, yum.
...served with a potato casserole, green beans, coleslaw, and bread.
Oh, and a red velvet cake.

No comments: