Friday, January 11, 2013

My dad and mom spent many a morning at their kitchen table. They would eat their breakfast, have their morning Bible devotions & scripture reading, and talk about life's problems & solutions. 

Dad passed into Heaven September 2011.

Mom has macular degeneration and has 70+ eye loss.

Dad was doing a lot of the reading in his later years. Mom can still read but it takes time and a little more effort on her part. She remains in His Word at the kitchen table.

I read devotionals from Billy Graham's Unto the Hills. Sometime late last Fall I mentioned to mom that I would like to start calling her in the mornings and sharing devotions with her. So we began a journey of devotional readings using Billy Graham's book.

Mom & I have begun this new year 2013 and are continuing our devotional times with Graham's book.

Precious memories being made.

 I cherish the times when I was visiting dad & mom, and our morning began around the kitchen table.