Tuesday, February 19, 2013

28 Vinings Cottage


For some time now eight girlfriends have been spending time together with lunches and whatever we can get into. So on Sunday, February 10th after church seven of the girlfriends (one needed to be home) left town for a few days of fun, fellowship & food. We were all so excited! 

We gathered together at 1:30 PM, packed our vehicles with luggage, snacks/drinks, games, and whatever else each of us took, had prayer and were on our way. 




We rented a cottage in the
Magnolia By The Sea neighborhood 
in Secrest, Florida. It was so adorable. 

After unpacking, we went 
in search of a grocery store and a place to eat. 

But first, we must make a "Memory Picture".

Our choice for the evening was Pizza By The Sea. 
The crust on the pizza was so-o-o-o-o good. 
Salads for some and drinks to top off our meal.
Left was only a "?". 

Back at the cottage we all settled into our "jammies"
for some fun and games. We began first with a short
"Know Your Girlfriends" game. It was fun to learn
favorite colors, foods, and interests.
We all thought we knew each other well!

Next was another short game, "Bucket List", where we each placed a tally mark on a sheet of paper for each question that we answered with a "yes". Questions such as "Have you ever skipped school?, Have you ever zip-lined? and Have you ever laughed until some type of liquid came out of your nose or elsewhere?" Now this was interesting.

BTW...love her "Monk-Monk" socks!


Our night just continued on...fARklE!!!!!!!

It was around 1:45/2:00 AM 
before the final 3 went to bed Sunday night.

MONDAY...........

On with the story.......Our day began, and we were ready to begin an adventure. One car headed to find Gaffrey's (It really was JusTin, and I was in this car.), and another car headed towards Pier Park. Not finding Gaffrey's (and we actually saw JusTin's), we did stop at a garden shop to view the plants.

(Sometime around this moment, I received a phone call 
from Glenn informing me that our home
 had received water in the den...again. 
It happened 4 years ago, and 
we thought the problem was solved. 
I began to agonize about what to do and
 finally came to the conclusion that 
I would go home on Tuesday...
riding back with Lisa 
who was returning for a meeting that evening.)

PHONE CALL..."We're ready to eat."  So we left and traveled to Pier Park and met the other girls at Logan's for lunch. I spoke with the girls we met and shared my plan with them. Of course, I began to get tears in my eyes. My girlfriends were so-o-o-o loving to me.They are true friends, and I love each one of them.

With bellies full we went to the front 
of Pier Park for a little shopping. 
We entered a wonderful little shop, Peace Frogs, and 
the music took me way back...to "Happy Groovin".  

I love Motown music. 
We were the only ones in the store at the time. 
I started dancing as well as some of the other girls.



Two of us were left in the store 
when a "yuck" song came on.
Mel:  "If I was working here, I'd change that song." 
Young Girl: "What song would you like?" 
Mel: "Let me see you playlist." I chose 
"Love Shack".....another fav.
And then the "Happy Groove" began all over again. 
Man I love music!!!


Expecting rain we all got back into our vehicles and headed back to the cottage with a CVS stop. When the car group that I was in left CVS, it began to rain. Thankfully, it was not a hard rain.

Back at the cottage we all raided the food and
 had a dinner of "whatever". 
Tonight we would play Phase Ten. 
You will never quess who won Phase Ten!!!
Can you believe she won AGAIN???





Our game was almost over.

When we finished the game, 
some of us were still "wound-up". 
Glenda got her Ipad out, and here are the results.

I think we are in desperate need of sleep!

TUESDAY.......

Up and ready for some breakfast. 
Joy made sausage and biscuits that were so good. Yum!!!

We all got dressed for a day out shopping. What a perfect time for a group shot!

Lisa and I packed our things 
so that we could leave 
from wherever we were with everyone.  
Our two vehicles headed towards Seaside.
View from our car.

Lisa parked her car, and she and I climbed into Glo's car. We then took a little tour of the Seaside homes before shopping. While shopping at Seaside, we found JusTin's second art gallery. Remember three of us were looking for his place on 30A Monday and never found it. Of course, we were looking for Gaffrey's. His gallery was truly an awesome place. 




More pictures while at Seaside.

After a couple of hours together, 
Lisa and I hugged everyone and waved goodbye. 
We headed back to Dothan.

I know without a doubt that the remaining girls had a wonderful evening together.
I believe they watched "Mamma Mia", and
I know that there was some singing and dancing in the cottage.

Sweet, sweet friends and I love them dearly.
Can't wait for our next trip!

EXTRA RANDOM PICS


No comments: