Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"Blessed is the man 
that trusteth in the LORD, and 
whose hope the LORD is. 
Jeremiah 17:7

HOPE: to look forward to 
with desire and reasonable confidence

We often think of hope as "wishing or wanting". You know what I mean...rain, sunshine, snow or new dress, shoes, purse or beach trip, lake trip. We think of "hoping" that the food will be good when eating out, that a hotel room will be ready when we arrive for our stay...just to name a few. Oh there are many more that we could list.

I am speaking of the hope that is in Christ.  This hope is certain. Jesus was born, He died, and He now lives in heaven with His Father.

He is preparing our home. It will be ready when our time comes to join Him. He promised and He keeps His promises.

We do not need to "hope" that our home will be ready. It will be.

"Father and God, my hope is built on You as the Rock of Ages. I feel so secure knowing You are supporting me as I live. And I know I can lean on You and be safe. Thank You, Father, for being my salvation and for Jesus, who is the solid foundation of my life. Amen."

BILLY GRAHAM:  UNTO THE HILLS
April 8th Devotion
Sharing some of his thoughts & his prayer for the day.