Sunday, February 15, 2015

Radiant in White

As I read the devotion to mom this morning, I immediately thought of a dear friend Winkie McLaurin who passed away yesterday. "...wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Psalm 51:7"

Our devotion talked about wearing white clothing and how hard it is to keep them white. How our white compared to snow is no comparison. God's love for us and His decision to provide for us a purity is something we could never attain ourselves. Our sins washed in His blood appear as "white as snow" in the eyes of God. No human detergent works this white or pure.

Winkie was the epitome of Southern Charm...friendly, courteous, respectful, family, traditions, manners, heart and so much more. I always remember the saying about the wearing of white clothing... "Not before Memorial Day or After Labor Day." This was Winkie.

I know that yesterday as she joined Heaven's Angels, she donned the fine white linens so bright & clean that were laid out just for her. She can now wear white all year long..."Radiant in White".


Tuesday Bridge Ladies
Becky Armstrong, Elise Goodwin, Sylvia Dudley, Winkie 


ref. Billy Graham Unto the Hills, A Daily Devotional

No comments: