Sunday, February 1, 2015

Freedom & Christian Fun


I love worshiping at SUMC and the members of this sweet little country church. Today I sang the song My Chains Are Gone. I love this statement....."Its refrain bursts forth with the triumphant declaration that God, through mercy, love, grace and the salvation of Christ, has removed our chains and set us free". Thank you Heavenly Father that you love me...this sinner...and have set me free.

Image result for no coke zero imagesImage result for no desserts images

Recently I posted that I was a "Coke Zero" addict. My drink consumption was reaching 6-9 drinks a day...way too many for any individual. So I declared "No Soft Drinks" for the month of January. I also decided to cut out my chocolates too. Now I didn't start until the 5th because we were still celebrating the New Year at the beach.

YAY ME!!! I reached my goal for January so at lunch today I enjoyed a Coke Zero. Amazingly the drink was not as good as I thought it would be. For the next month beginning Monday the 9th, my goal will be one Coke Zero per week, and I don't think the month will be that bad. I'm also adding just a little bit of chocolate for the month.

Image result for super bowl images

One of SUMC members was having a Super Bowl get-together tonight at their home. (Shiloh doesn't have evening services.) Mom said that she'd like to go to their party so we went. There was lots of good food & conversation. It was such a fun night!