Saturday, September 5, 2015

I remember back in 2013 after our TOL event @ MBC a friend telling me how she always began thinking about the next event, and that I would too. I thought to myself..."not me". Seems that my friend was right.

Not long after the event I began thinking about a scripture verse and a theme for the verse. My heart really settled on a verse from Proverbs, and I began thinking about bees to compliment the verse. Done.

Whenever I would go shopping from that time on, I would always have my eyes looking for anything that would help to make a pretty table. One day Sue & I were out shopping (2013), and we stopped at Dollar Tree. There I found some plates ($1 each) with a color I really liked. (She bought them because she wanted them, and I have kept them until the next event. Isn't she sweet?)


Then when we vacationed (2014) in the mountains with Gloria & Mike I found some tins (with a referee symbol on top & black/white stripe bottom) that I repainted the top part to match the plates. Best part of the tins.............they were $.25 each. Then I purchased some small bottles (2015) to add a bit of honey as part of my gift along with some Burt Bee chapstick.

With some leftover jute, burlap, yellow paper filler from Garrett's wedding (2013), I have made chair wraps with the burlap and filled the tins with the paper.


Everything is just coming together.

Just last month I purchased a bee cookie jar to add atop an upside down iron basket for my centerpiece. Got some pretty flowers from Gayle next door to add just a bit of interest.


Now to put some finishing touches onto the tablescape before the day arrives. Only 14 more days.