Thursday, October 1, 2020

This is Libby & me at GPS Airport September 1976. 

I was traveling to Dothan to officially meet Glenn’s parents. 

Libby & I were good friends at college, and had some wild & crazy moments. After college we began our journey of work life...she in South Carolina, and I in Alabama. Over the years I held close to my heart the memories of a fun-loving individual who allowed me a glimpse of her heart and the privilege of sharing life moments to create a wonderful, long-lasting friendship. 

It has been 43 years since we graduated from college.

In 2015 I planned a visit to my hometown. With great friendships along the way to Bville, I decided it was time to see these friends that I was so use to just remembering as I traveled through their area. My history with them...three Bville childhood gals & one college gal. I called one of them, and we made plans for my overnight stay. Introductions for one and a wonderful reunion for all of us. That evening was full of love & hugs and joy & laughter...tales of childhood and college days...it had been too long.

Not every time I traveled was I able to stop. Some trips were not just me alone but another passenger so these times were just a "holla" out as I drove thru their area.

Another visit in 2018 with a few nights to spend together.

Our visits whenever possible are just sweet, sweet times of being together and sharing the love we have for each other. Libby had mentioned to us her plans of retirement for September 2020. We would all be retired. With an invite to Dothan & PCB, talks of a vacay celebration were discussed.

Then came COVID.

Here we are...October 1st...Libby is retired...and Covid is still around. Our plans are put on hole. I have not traveled to SC since February but we have talked on the phone. It's just not the same. I can't hug them.

All I can say is...I can't wait for us to get together for our Retirement Celebration Reunion to celebrate US.