Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Our Love Grows...(Saturday, July 28, 2012)

Our first adventure was Foxfire Mountain Zip Lines. Foxfire was recommended to me and it was a great place for fun and excitement. Everyone was great and made us first timers very comfortable. Not sure what to expect, I didn't carry my camera along with me. Now I know... definitely a camera will go with me next time!

Tim and Caleb were our zippin' guides. They made sure that we understood all the necessary signs we needed to watch for as we zipped along the lines.

On the third line I officially joined in the fun and placed myself upside down..."butt up!" as I was zippin' along the line. WOW!!! So much fun...I loved it! Then I watched as the last guide on one of the lines zipped over to our stand, and he was spinning like an upside down turtle. I HAD TO TRY THIS! So he prepared my line before I left the stand and instructed me as to what I should do once I left the stand.

As I began zippin' on the line, I couldn't get to spinning and then I did. It was G*R*E*A*T!!! Sure wish I had taken my camera - :(


(Not us in the top three photos but we did zip this way.)

Foxfire Mountain Grounds



Foxfire Mountain Grounds


After zippin', flipping & twirling, Glenn and I walked across the Bridge to Prosperity. This bridge is over 4' wide and over 400' long and will hold over 24,000 lbs. This swinging bridge is the longest one in America. Bridges such as this type was used by mountain folk to go from one mountain to another as the shortest route.


As we crossed the bridge, we stepped onto Prosperity Mountain . A little sitting area was set up and a small covered bridge was located on the right. As you walked around the sitting area, you would see cairns (set of artistically balanced stones) that people had completed. In the picture below you will see two sets of cairn pictures. The pictures top right are of the cairn that Glenn completed. The pictures on the bottom are of the cairn that I completed.

The bottom right three pictures of Glenn and myself with colorful streamers are actually written wishes of people. You would write your wish at the main office, carry your wish across the bridge and hang your wish among the many, many wishes under the cover of the small wooden bridge. Our wish..."Wishes for a Cancer Cure"...thinking of Morgan Hasty and others on our heart.



We decided after hanging our "wish" to hike the small distance to a waterfall. Hiking is a fun, yet tiring activity and sometimes very challenging.



From this point of viewing the waterfall we could see a zip line stand and some other zippers. Waterfalls are a favorite scenery...some more breathtaking than others... others more relaxing to us just for the mear fact that it was a challenge to reach the fall. I even tried out the hammock even our walk to the waterfull was a short and an easy walk.


Sunday's adventure next.

No comments: