Thursday, August 16, 2012


Today I visited the school where I once worked, and felt for the first time since May 2011 that I was really retired.

Announcing my replacement at the school wasn't until the later part of August 2011 so I volunteered to return for a day or two to set up the computer lab room. This would greatly help out the school so that the person hired could come right in and begin working without having to set up the lab. I loved Grandview and helping out in any way was my way of giving back to the school that embraced my love and skills.

My year of trials began in July 2011 with the hospitalization of my dad and another hospital stay the Wednesday after Labor Day. My world turned upside down and spiraled as my dad's health declined and then his passing. I spiraled out of control.

I've always been somewhat quiet with my deepest feelings and especially in my writings...and will continue to do so.

My life has not been easy juggling two emotionally controlled worlds but each trial that has come my way has made me a better person. I am eternally grateful for each adventure whether happy or sad. I look for the blessings, God Winks, and even consequences for the action(s) that I take.

In January, I took control and made some life-changing decisions. I'm still a progress-in-work but have, in fact, made some great journal entries into my life.

I am happy.

I am free.

I feel retired.