Monday, January 27, 2014

3+

Growing up, seasons were true seasons. I often think now of our seasons as one big season. 

My past winter seasons had me wearing heavy coats, gloves and other warm attire. I enjoyed snow days where I built snowmen, made forts, and of course, enjoyed homemade snow ice cream. Ahhh.....the memories.

Married & settled in hubby's hometown back in '77, I was expecting area to be JUST LIKE my hometown. NOT!!! After a year of living in AL, I sold/gave away all but one of my heavy coats. And still today...I have one, maybe two heavy casual jackets but mostly I wear lightwear attire.

So look below at what is on our news. Yep...this is what has been predicted for our area.

 Only twice in my AL lifetime have I seen some snow.
Our last "dusting" of snow was in 2010.



So as we wait to see if the forecast happens as they say it might, we make sure we have batteries, food, water, etc, on hand. 

AND...who knows? Maybe that heavy jacket I have will come in hand.

No comments: