Saturday, January 18, 2014

So I was thinking the other day that I really would like to have a space in the house all my own. Some place where I could sit & write or study and be able to leave it all until I returned. 

Oh I could go sit in the guest room at the desk but leave it there...for an hour or two or maybe a day or two. Not me. It's the guest room not my space.

Well, our foyer has been home to all of my Creative Memories STUFF (which I don't use much any more because of digital creating) and other general stuff of mine. There is a computer desk and a four-shelf cabinet upside down on top of the desk in the foyer.The area gets a thorough cleaning once or twice a year. It's time for a change.

THIS IS MY SPACE!!! So......................the computer desk is "up for free" on my FB page, and I have purchased a small black writing desk. The four-shelf cabinet has been turned right side up and is waiting on a little onyx Minwax color. I am so excited!

First, the writing desk must be assembled.





Totally forgot to take pictures of re-staining the shelf. This piece of furniture was made by dad & myself years ago when Garrett was a small child. We made it for his bedroom. Here is the finished product. A change from pecan to an ebony color.

Here is a peek at the writing desk and shelf. Now to get a little creative in this space and organize just for me.

So this morning I start to tackle this...mess, clutter...

and finish with my own little space. I have a few more ideas for this area but for now I am happy.