Saturday, March 29, 2014

Small Kitchen Gadget

Today I am writing about a kitchen appliance. This wonderful little kitchen tool is just the right size for those small, small recipes. You know, those recipes that take only 5-10 minutes to "throw together".

Now I've written about my cooking skills before...I have very few. I really despise cooking. I do have a few favorites but they have pretty much worn their "welcome" out at the house. Looking for some new ones..... not really. HA!!!

Anyway, this neat little gadget was a Christmas gift from my brother & his wife many, many, many, MANY years ago. So when preparing a recipe soon after receiving this gift, I brought it out from the cabinet and began to fill it with what needed to be crushed/ground/mixed.

Turned the top part of the tool and pressed the orange button at the back. Yes............no! Nothing happened. I rechecked everything and pressed the button again. Still nothing happened. This went on for about 10-15 minutes with me getting more frustrated than ever. 

You know what I did! Yep...I emptied that sucker, washed it, boxed it back up, and put it back in the cabinet (forever). Or so I thought.

Some years ago I found this little kitchen (sucker) tool in the cabinet as I was cleaning. I had it stuck WAY BACK...out of sight. I pulled it out, set it on the counter, and decided to take another look at how it must work.

Surprise, surprise...I had matured a little (just a little now) in my kitchen tool knowledge. Seems that the top part MUST "click" (not just a turn) into place before it will function when the orange button is depressed.

So...I wanted you to know of the news of "rebirth" for my small kitchen tool. I've used it quite a few times in these last years. It is a neat little tool.

 Just don't expect my cooking skills to gain new life...it won't happen!