Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sweet Friends

January 27th, 2015 was planned some time ago with two of my childhood friends & a college friend. We were to meet at Olive Garden for dinner & conversation. We were all excited. I would be spending the night at Jennifer's house.

Seated at Olive Garden & knowing that three of my best friends from long ago were with me brought such happiness to my heart. We spent every minute together talking about our memories. I loved the fact that each one of them immediately felt a connection to each other. The “tire incident” was now just a past situation, and I was enjoying my time with each one.

 

Jennifer…
     …lived in my neighborhood, and we played at each other’s house when we were young. Our days of playing involved backyard plays, leaf forts, etc. She & I attended Lander College. She is now a retired teacher/volleyball coach and grandmother.

Donna…
     …lived on the other side of town. Our families were members of the local Swim Club, and we went every day we could. We made sure our bell bottomed jeans hung low and were frayed. One summer we alternated spending the night at each other’s house, and we made Chef Boyardee pizzas every day. She is the creator of Downi Creations (dolls with down syndrome appearances) & has written a play that has been sent to Roma Downey for review. Her play features special needs children. She is also a grandmother.

Libby…
     …AKA Squirrel. She & I attended Lander College. We were always together whether living in the dorms or apartments. We partied together & had a BLAST in college! Remember the trip to Atlanta…well, we didn’t actually make it. What about Starnes? Gosh, there are so many memories from our college days! She is an administrative assistant at McNair Law Firm.

As we said our goodbyes & promises to "Get Together" again real soon, I could only reflect upon how much I love these girls. 

No comments: