Friday, January 30, 2015

Family & Friends

Image result for wind blowing images

It’s cold today, and the wind is blowing, blowing. We’ve gotten out to make a few purchases, for mom’s hair appointment and to meet my brother Frank, Ann & Tyler for dinner at Stantons. Love their BBQ!

As we were leaving Stantons I heard someone say, “Melanie”. I looked toward the lady and could not register who she was. She laughed and then told me her name. I have not seen Lori Lewis Woodham since high school…that was 41+ years ago. We had a nice quick chat before I had to leave with the family.

1.31.15.....

We’re staying close to home today & just relaxing (unless someone calls & has a better offer). Mom listens to audio books as I catch up on the local & world news.

Frank & Tyler came over right before dinner and stayed a short time. They sat & talked with us as we ate. We enjoyed hamburger steak/gravy with rice & butterbeans. I also made some cheesecake crescent rolls. Yum, yum!!!

A cousin of mine that I honestly do not remember (I was 15 when he was born.) came to visit mom & me tonight with his fiancee. By the time he was a young boy, I was away at college. His life was troubled brought on by circumstances & his choices. Now he is making his way in life and really trying, like we all are, to make a difference. Our visit was good, and I enjoyed sitting down & talking to him.