Saturday, April 25, 2020

So, we're still living "sheltered-in-place". It has been 6 weeks since our first reported case of coronavirus in Alabama, and 3 weeks since our Governor ordered "shelter-in-place". We have chosen to respect her decision and remain at home. We have, however, seen F2 on a few occasions only for short periods of time. We miss F2.

Our only trips away from home since March 13th have included 4 grocery, 4 food take-out and 1 dental trip. (I had a temporary crown on March 12th, and dental/medical offices were asked to close on the 23rd due to COVID-19. Emergency visits were seen. I finally was able to see him after a month. He felt that his temp crowns clients needed to be seen. Yay!!!)

Today as we drove to pick up our 4th take-out, you can see that this well-traveled road is void of cars. It is an eerie feeling to see NOTHING moving on the road. 

At Captain D's there is a LONG LINE of customers waiting to order take-out. While sitting in the line and waiting our turn, we noticed that some of the customers, were going inside. Hmmmmm 😨. Then we realized that you could order online and slip in to pick up your order. Hmmmm...we still would wait in line.😉

Back home, tummy fed and we settle down to our "normal" for now. 

"Normal". Even though our lives have changed for a season, we have more time together in our home. It is not all rosy (since we are 24/7) but it sure has been nice to spend some quality time together.

Also, the time at home has awakened the strength in myself and given me a more grateful heart to God's presence in my heart. 

On God, my salvation and my glory rest;
the rock of my strength,
my refuge is in God.
Psalm 62:7