Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Full or Empty...

I was reminded today through an email of how busy my life has become and what little time I have allowed myself to communicate with God. Oh, there are appointments, errands, and work…and my selfish wants. I want to come straight home after work and not leave the house until morning comes. I want to eat from the pantry shelves and not grocery shop until nothing is left. I want to lounge on the couch and read books all night long. I want to listen to soothing music. I want to spend time alone. I want…I want…I want.

Reading a “thought” from The Inspirational Study Bible spoke of how busy Jesus was and that it was not a sin; however, in an endless pursuit of busyness that leaves us empty/hollow, God is not happy. This was a “lightning bolt” statement that sends chills up my spine. Am I “full” busy with things that will edify another/myself OR am I running on “empty” busy with foolishness?

Sometimes, just like today’s email, brings about hard decisions to be made about one’s lifestyle/priorities. Sacrifices bring about blessings and peace. I know that the Cross remains…my decision now…full or empty?

No comments: