Saturday, November 1, 2008

Remember the saying "Girls Raised in The South".
Well, I am a GRIT! Born and raised in South Carolina.

Dad and Mom...trying to get back home as much as I can...Spring and Fall Breaks with them each year. Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays alternated yearly between my parents and my husband's dad. So, I'm very blessed when I have the occasion to go home and very,very blessed to have a husband who loves and understands my need to go home.

I fly with anticipation of seeing two smiling faces and the hand wave from my father beyond the glass partition that separates our hugs. As we finally close the gap with a joyful reunion, we are a non-stop talking trio. We can't seem to focus on one conversation topic. I am, as well as mother, flipping "mind channels" constantly. We end up laughing!

Entering the drive area to my home from the highway is and has always been such a rush...knowing that this is "The Country". There is something about fresh air, wooded surroundings, and dirt. My home is quiet and out of the way. It always brings a renewing of the mind and soul to me when I visit. I spend a lot of the time quietly reflecting and cherishing the moments of the day as I mentally store these
precious memories. My parents are growing older, yet younger. I love going home.

Time spent with each one...together or separately...is a blessing.
I am so honored by God to have both of my parents still with me. TYL for the gifts of Pa and Gama.
---Fall Break Memories: October 2008
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and
to work and to play and to look up at the stars." ---Henry van Dyke

No comments: